Cosmetic Dental Treatments: Dental Veneers North Vancouver
Dental veneers can be used to solve a variety of problems with a patient’s teeth, including cracks, chips and discolouration. Veneers can also be used to improve the appearance of healthy teeth, by improving the size, shape, rotation or spacing of the teeth.
The veneer itself is a custom made porcelain shell that fits over the surface of each tooth and is bonded in place. Teeth treated with veneers look and feel just like natural teeth and are cared for the same way with regular brushing and flossing.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin, custom-made covers that are bonded to the front of the teeth to improve the appearance of the tooth while also adding strength and resilience. The process is in most cases permanent and irreversible. Veneers are typically applied to all of the front teeth to create a uniform appearance.
Veneers can be used to close gaps and correct small misalignments, or may simply be a cosmetic solution, used to brighten teeth, correct discolouration, and repair fractures or chips.
Which Veneers Are Right For You?
Both porcelain and composite veneers offer an attractive smile and protection for your teeth. Composite veneers can be applied in a single visit and are less expensive than porcelain, while porcelain veneers last longer, are more stain-resistant, and will not change colour over time. Consulting your dentist can provide you with more information to help you choose which type is right for you.
How Dental Veneers Work?
In order to bond the veneer to the tooth, a small amount of the natural tooth’s surface is removed, usually less than a millimetre. This is required so that the veneer fits naturally in the mouth and doesn’t add any extra bulk to the teeth.
The veneer is then permanently bonded to the surface of the tooth, using a special light sensitive resin. The custom made veneer will seamlessly match the patient’s natural tooth shape and colour, while correcting any flaws. The results are a beautiful Hollywood smile, without any loss of function.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
The application of veneers requires only minimal alteration to the patient’s natural teeth and create a durable and lasting surface that is stain resistant. Veneers are a versatile solution to an array of cosmetic dental problems, correcting colour, shape, gaps, as well as damaged teeth. Each veneer is custom made to fit the patient’s mouth and blend with their natural teeth, for a natural, healthy looking smile.
Veneers are a popular procedure due to the number of benefits they can provide. Some of the advantages of veneers include:
- Simple and Easy Cosmetic Repair – Veneers are custom-made for each patient to create the best possible result. Veneers offer a simple means of correcting cosmetic issues and improving your smile.
- A Natural Appearance – Veneers can look incredibly natural, matching the colour of your enamel and the contour of your natural teeth.
- A Minimally Invasive Procedure – Dental veneers are a less invasive means of correcting issues than some other options, such as crowns.
- A Quick Fix – For those unhappy with their smile, veneers can offer a quick fix that can have a significant impact. Gaps can be treated with braces, but veneers are faster, without the discomfort and inconvenience associated with braces.
- Permanent and Durable – Veneers not only provide a cosmetic advantage but can strengthen and protect the tooth. They are strong and long-lasting, with composite veneers lasting from 5 to 7 years and porcelain veneers typically lasting 10- 15 years