1) What is the patient and staff screening process during COVID-19?
2) What are the disinfecting and sanitation protocols?
British Columbia has one of the highest levels of Dental Office Infection Control Guidelines in Canada. We have always been diligent in protecting our team and our clients from a variety of infectious diseases such as flu, hepatitis, HIV, HPV and tuberculosis etc. Here is what we have always done at Pier Dental Centre:
3) Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, are you doing any additional Infection Prevention Protocols?
4) What kind of dental services can I get during the pandemic?
We are currently accepting patients for all dental care. This includes routine services, optional services, and emergency dental treatment.
5) Are you keeping up to date with the latest information and research?
New information is coming in always from the professional associations, almost daily. We make sure to keep up to date on all the latest information and guidelines from our Dental Associations and the BC Ministries of Health. It is very important that we act on information and guidelines that are evidence based and appropriate for a dental setting. Yes, COVID-19 is new, but the idea of dealing with viruses in dentistry is not new, which is why we are experienced in mitigating the danger of exposure to our patients and staff. Dental care is restricted to allow for social and physical distancing, but once we are able to reopen, we are prepared and highly trained for the infection control procedures that will be required. There will be new protocols due to the nature of this virus, and we are confident we can provide excellent care to our clients in this new world of COVID.
6) When will I be able to get my teeth cleaned?
We are currently seeing patients for all dental services, including hygiene appointments. We have been providing all services in a safe manner with the latest protocols since June 2020.